Update From Administrator – August 19, 2020
As always, our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy.
Unfortunately, in May we had to postpone National Nursing Home Week due to the unforeseen pandemic. Athena Recreation Departments in all our facilities hosted an Athena Nursing home week from 8/9/2020 through 8/15/2020 to help celebrate and appreciate our residents and staff. We know how hard our staff have been working and how much our residents have been affected by the social limits which were results of this pandemic.
A few quick points on our outdoor visits:
- Must be pre-scheduled to ensure safe and healthy visits for you, the residents, and our staff. It also allows our team to ensure your loved one is available and ready for your visit to make the most of your time together. To take advantage of these visits, with a loved one that has recovered from Covid19, please contact Christine O’Rourke, Recreation Director. She can be reached by calling 508-860-5000, extension 5012 or by emailing her at email@example.com. Please give her a minimum of 48 hours prior to a visit.
- Face coverings must always be worn and a social distance of 6 feet between you and your loved ones for the entirety of the visit.
- Check out our website for specific guidelines and details regarding perimeter visits.
- Alternative visits (Facetime, Skype, and window visits) are still taking place.
Other updates from our recreation team include:
- Each nursing unit has tablets assigned for resident use such as virtual visits, games, etc.
- We have fresh airtime where residents can get some much-needed sunshine while supervised to ensure social distancing.
- We are also now scheduling resident outdoor social distancing activities programs.
As a reminder, our next “Town Hall” meeting is scheduled for Thursday August 20 at 3:30 PM. We encourage any residents and family members to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about the care we are offering. Our commitment is to be as transparent as possible and work to address any issues that arise.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!