Update from Administrator – June 17, 2021
As we continue to see diminishing COVID numbers in our state and region, we are excited to announce a new round of updated guidance from the state Department of Public Health. This is another step in getting our center back to “normal” for visitors. Please bear with us as we are required to update some of our policies since COVID and may experience some bumps in the road we implement them.
As a reminder – if your loved one is not yet vaccinated, please contact Worcester Rehabilitation and Health Care Center at 508-860-5000 to schedule a vaccination. As you will see in the below new guidance, vaccinated individuals, both residents and their visitors, will see a significant reduction in previous COVID-19 restrictions / precautions. If your loved one has not been vaccinated yet, please continue to give it serious consideration. We will continue to advocate and encourage any staff who have not received their vaccination to do so ASAP. We will also continue to provide the opportunity and availability of the vaccine to unvaccinated staff and residents.
- Visitors are required to complete our COVID-19 screening process, completing our screening questions for COVID-19 and confirm no exposure to others with COVID-19 infection during the prior 14 days prior to a visit.
- Visitors and residents, as they are able to do so, must wear a face mask for the duration of the visit except when the resident and visitor are fully vaccinated (14 days or more from receiving the final dose in the vaccine series).
- All previous limitations related to length of visit or number of visits no longer applies. This is very exciting!!!
- Should a resident or staff member test positive, the unit, floor or care area will suspend visitation on that section until the unit, floor or care area has gone 14 days without a new COVID positive case. This guideline has not changed. Yet another reason for everyone to get vaccinated.
Resident Room Visitation Space:
- If resident and visitor are fully vaccinated, masks and social distancing are no longer required.
Outdoor Visitation Space:
- Residents who are fully vaccinated may visit with loved ones who are fully vaccinated without maintaining social distancing or wearing masks.
Dining and Group Activities:
- All residents except for those residents in isolation for suspected or confirmed COVID-19 or in quarantine due to exposure or new admission status, regardless of vaccination status, can participate in the outdoor group activities;
- Participating residents must wear a mask if any of the participating residents are not fully vaccinated. Social distancing is no longer required.
- If all participating residents are fully vaccinated, then residents do not need to wear a mask.
- Small groups of residents who are fully vaccinated may dine together at a table without social distancing or wearing masks.
We hope you have a great week and look forward to seeing you!!
Saeed Pourali, LNHA, Dr. B.A.